Matthew 16:24 "...take up his cross and follow me"
CROSS MEMBERS CAR CLUB
Lincolnton, North Carolina 28092 www.ltowncrossmembers.com
A message from Cross Members:
Cross Members is a unique car club comprised of Christian car enthusiasts that came together for fun and fellowship, while enjoying the car hobby in a stress-free, non-competitive environment.
The club, founded in 2013 in Lincolnton, North Carolina, is a small Christian-based car club. Our club scripture is: Matthew 16:24
"Then said Jesus unto His disciples. If any man will come after
me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me"
As Christians , we believe our Lord and Savior died on the cross for the redemption of our sins. By professing daily our Christian faith, we partner with Christ as "Cross Members". As members we attempt to know Him better and make Him better known as we share not only our faith, but the blessings of our "toys" as well.
Dbbbbbouble click here to edit this text.
Founding Cross Members
Terry & Jane Edwards
Joe & Deannie Morris
Paul & Cecelia Haynes
Robbie & Donna Scates
Jim & Kim Norris
Max & Susan Hamilton
Mike & Beverly Moore
Kevin & Lanelle Coffey
Tim & Debbie Edwards
Don & Carolyn Brafford
Rick & Carol Walker
Jerry & Vickie Lackey
Club Contact Information:
Lavell Hall email@example.com
About the name "Cross Members"
In a time now referred to as "yester-year", the frames - the very foundation of cars were comprised of an important piece. That piece connected the indvidual side frames making them one - a complete unit, making them whole. That important connection piece was known as a "Cross Member". Just as the cross member of "yester-year" connected each side of an automobile frame to complete it, Jesus seeks to connect with each of us to complete us, to make us whole. The most recognized Christian symbol is that of the Christian cross, on which Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins. As a Christian-based car club, as "Cross Members", we first and foremost profess our Christian faith. We acknowledge that Christ displayed His love for us as He endured the shame of the cross, so that we may have life more abundantly. Therefore as Christians, we are forever connected to the cross. We call ourselves "Cross Members" as a means of acknowledging the imporant connection we share with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the One who completes us, and as a means of paying homage to the classic automobile of "yester-year".
About Cross Members
* The name of the club shall be known as Cross Members Car Club
* Club colors: Silver, Black, White
* There will be no annual membership fee
* Membership is available to Christian car owners who have demonstrated an interest in the club,
completed the membership requirements, and has shown their support for the goals and purposes
of the club.
* There are to be no club sponsored events involving competition among members. The club will attend
primarily cruise-ins, social gatherings and Christian centered events.
* Family oriented club, spouses are encouraged to join and attend all events
* Minimum age for membership and driving in club events is 21 years of age
* Possession of a valid driver's license is required
* There will be no discrimination against any member regardless of age, gender, race, disability and political
* Members will respect the property of others
* Members will maintain a positive club spirit and attitude and refrain from derogatory comments against
other members, other clubs, or other club's members
* Members must maintain control of their vehichles at all times. Burnouts and "showing off" will not be
* For courtesy to others, bringing pets to a club function is discouraged.
* Members are encouraged to wear the club t-shirt to all club sponsored events.
* The club will sponsor five events per driving season (May thru October, with no scheduled event in July) with the
intent of attending four (expecting at least one to be cancelled due to inclement weather) One of the planned events
will be a Christian centered event. There will be a club sponsored social gathering during the Christmas season.
* There will be no alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs at a club sponsored event.
* Disregard or a violation of any of the above policies and guidelines may be considered grounds for
termination of membership
Cross Members "Ten Commandments"
1. Thou shalt not love thy "toy car" more than thy wife and children
2. Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road
3. Thou shalt not take a "toy car" thru an automatic car wash
4. Thou shalt not ever fill up with economy grade fuel
5. Thou shalt not fail to wave to another "toy car" owner
6. Thou shalt not ever pass a "toy car" owner in distress
7. Thou shalt not despise thy neighbor's Edsel, nor his DeSoto
8. Thou shalt not use harsh language at a "toy car" for it can be tempermental
9. Thou shalt not have more wallet pictures of thy "toy car" than thy wife, children and grand-kids
10.Thou shalt not deceive thy wife into thinking that thee is taking her for a romantic Sunday drive, when indeed thou art
going out to look at another "toy car"
2014 Cross Members Calendar
May 24 Coordinators: Rick & Carol
Annual Cross Members Cook Out
@ Rick & Carol's
Cherryville, NC 3pm
Depart @ 2:30pm
Lead Car: 1964 Corvette
June 28 Coordinators: Tim & Debbie
Gary's BBQ & The Auto Barn
Depart @ 11:15am
Lead Car: 1967 Impala
August 23 Coordinators: Robbie & Donna
Lincolnton Cruise for a Cause
Lincolnton, NC 5pm
Lead Car: 1979 Trans Am
September 27 Coordinators: Terry & Jane
Steele Rubber Products Open House
Denver, NC 9am
Depart @ 8:00am
Lead Car: 1967 Impala
October 4 Coordinator: Lavell
Depart @ 10am
Meal @ Dan'l Boone Inn 3pm
Lead Car: 1964 Corvette
December 2 Coordinator: Lavell
Christmas Meal 7pm
Lineberger's Steak House
1967 Chevrolet Impala
1961 Ford F100; 1963 Chevrolet Corvette; 2006 Dodge Crossfire
1964 Pontiac GTO; 1965 Pontiac GTO; 1967 Pontiac GTO
1979 Pontiac Trans Am; 1979 Pontiac Trans Am;
2011 Dodge Challenger
2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
1967 Mercury Parklane; 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1965 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
1940 Ford; 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air; 1998 Chevrolet Corvette
1973 Plymouth "Cuda"; 1973 Plymouth Duster;
1969 Dodge Dart GT
1964 Chevrolet Corvette; 1967 Ford Mustang;
2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
1968 Pontiac GTO